By submitting payment for either the FELLOW FEATHERS PILOT or the FELLOW FEATHERS CLUBHOUSE membership, I attest that my USHPA membership is current, that I have completed The Fellow Feathers of Fort Funston Hang Gliding Club Liability Release Waiver, and that I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the Fellow Feathers of Fort Funston Hang Gliding Club Rules and Bylaws.
By submitting payment for the FELLOW FEATHERS CLUBHOUSE, I agree that I have read, understood, and agree to the conditions set forth below, and have either inspected or waived inspection of the clubhouse. Further, I testify that I have flown a hang glider, on flights that originated at Fort Funston, for a minimum of 10 hours in the previous twelve months per the Club Bylaws. Per Bylaws Article V, Section 4, the 10 hour requirement may be waived for up to 3 pilots who have made contributions to flying at Fort Funston.
- Subject to the availability of space, the Fellow Feathers of Fort Funston Hang Gliding Club, Inc. (Club) allows Clubhouse Members (Member) the privilege of storing their personal hang gliding equipment in its Clubhouse, Bldg. FF-206.
- The term of Clubhouse Membership is the calendar year January 1 through December 31. Any Member who stores equipment in the Clubhouse and becomes in arrears of their membership dues may be denied flying privileges at Fort Funston until their dues are paid up to date. Membership dues shall not be prorated.
- Members may not store more than one glider in the clubhouse without prior authorization. On a space available basis, second spaces may be allocated or repossessed at the discretion of the Clubhouse Manager and/or Executive Committee. Members holding two spaces must surrender one of their spaces if the clubhouse is full and space is needed for a new member. A random drawing shall be used to determine which of the existing two-space members will surrender a space. Pilots must vacate their space/s within 30 days of receiving notice to vacate.
- The privilege to store equipment in the Clubhouse is not transferable and spaces cannot be sub-let.
- The Clubhouse key may not be duplicated or loaned out to Non- Clubhouse Members.
- No flammable liquids, explosives, or illegal substances may be brought into or stored in the Clubhouse.
- The Club has the right to open and inspect all property in the Clubhouse.
- The Clubhouse shall be used in a careful manner and respect shall be shown to the property of others. Failure to use the Clubhouse in a careful and respectful manner, or to follow all Club rules and regulations, may result in the loss of the privilege to store equipment in the Clubhouse.
- Keys to the Clubhouse are provided to all Clubhouse Members, therefore all Clubhouse Members have access. Members shall be held responsible for any damages they cause to the property of others or to the property of the Club.
- Any equipment left in the Clubhouse and not removed within 30 days after the expiration of Membership, or loss of the privilege to store equipment in the Clubhouse, will be considered a donation to the Club and may be sold at auction with the proceeds going to the Club treasury.
- All equipment must have proper identification; either the member’s name or a brass tag indicating their space number. Equipment not having proper identification may be considered abandoned and may be sold at auction with the proceeds going to the Club treasury.
- The Clubhouse is not fireproof or weatherproof, and while the building itself may be insured, there is no insurance for its contents or for any injuries sustained through use of the building. Members store equipment and use the building at their own risk.
- The Club and its officers or members, and the GGNRA/National Park Service and its officers or employees, assume no responsibility for the loss, damage, or theft of equipment or any other item stored or left in the Clubhouse, or for injuries sustained while using the Clubhouse
- Each Member shall indemnify and hold harmless the Club and its officers and members, and the GGNRA and its officers and employees, against all claims, actions or proceedings, costs, damages, or liabilities connected in any manner with the member’s use of the Clubhouse.