To fly at Fort Funston you must display a current helmet sticker. All stickers expire at the end of December. An application package consists of a Clubhouse or Non-Clubhouse Member Application and the Club Rules.
To receive a helmet sticker you must:
- Be a current USHPA member with a rating of H-3 or higher.
- Complete and sign a sticker application, agreeing to abide by the club rules and site regulations.
- Clubhouse members must pay annual dues, Non-Clubhouse members may make a donation.
There are two membership levels at Fort Funston, Cllubhouse and Non-Cllubhouse. All stickered pilots are members of one type or the other:
- Non-Clubhouse Members. Non-Clubhouse members are all those who have agreed to the club rules and submitted the Non-Clubhouse Member application along with their optional, but much appreciated donation.
- Clubhouse Members. Clubhouse members are all those who have agreed to the club rules and submitted a Clubhouse Member application and Clubhouse Waiver, along with their annual membership dues. Clubhouse members have the privilege of storing their hang glider and gear in the clubhouse on a space available basis.
By Mail: It is best to renew your membership in advance and get a sticker by mail so you don't miss any flying. Note: New H-3's and H-4's who have never flown at Fort Funston must have a site intro before getting their sticker and are not eligible for sticker-by-mail.
Please send in the following items:
- Either a signed Clubhouse, or Non-Clubhouse Member Application:
Mail Clubhouse applications to:
PO Box 1176
Mountain View, CA 94042
Mail Non-Clubhouse applications to:
530 Lawrence Expy
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
In Person: To get a sticker in person, you will need to find a club member who has sticker application packages. There's often someone on site if you just ask around, but no guarantees. Some of the sticker holders include Wayne Michelsen, John Simpson, Steve Rodrigues, Chris Valley, and other FF board members.