Mentors at Fort Funston
The Fellow Feathers Hang Gliding Club would like to help new pilots learn to fly Fort Funston safely and successfully!
If you have never flown at Fort Funston and/or are a new H-3, you will need a site intro by an experienced senior pilot to fly there. Please contact any of the pilots on the following list to set up a date and time. Items covered by the mentor will be:
- Site regulations, including the 25' rule.
- Local FAA regulations.
- Site boundaries, launches and landing areas.
- Weather, wind and rotors.
- Launch techniques suited to the glider you fly.
- Soaring technique and etiquette.
- Landing altitudes, approaches and spots.
- Funston Sticker.
- And many other useful topics.