August 3rd 2016 Fellow Feather’s Meeting Minutes

Minutes and Treasurer Reports from the Fellow Feathers monthly meetings.

August 3rd 2016 Fellow Feather’s Meeting Minutes

Postby crvalley » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:39 am

August 3rd 2016 Fellow Feather’s Meeting Minutes

In Attendance: Chris Valley, Lisa Lesser, John Simpson, Wayne Michelsen, Urs Kellenberger, George Artz, Rob Johnson, Steve Rodriques, Mark Lilledahl, Chuck Krantz, Emily Hutchinson, Takeo, Saeid, and Rob Johnson.

Guests / New Members: Saeid introduced himself.

Great Flights: Steve had a great flight at the Fort. Fun flights at Dunlap two weekends ago. JT went to the beach, but had a good flight afterward. Wayne slayed it.

President’s Report (John Simpson): Nothing to report.

Vice President’s Report (Wayne Michelsen): Nothing to report.

Secretary’s Report (Chris Valley): July meeting minutes posted.

Treasurer’s Report (Lisa Lesser): Ramon was given some streamers for the LZ.

Clubhouse Officer’s Report (Rob Johnson): Talked about refurbishing the clubhouse racks with better spacing and padding. LZ care equipment is secure.

Safety Officer’s Report (Chris Carrillo): Flying - not present. President talked about type of gliders we should be flying depending on pilot skill and conditions. Pilots that are taught typical box landing approach (downwind, base, final) need to be well-versed on landing techniques specific to Funston in all wind conditions and directions. Pilots need to be aware that there is less beach north of the sewer pipe regardless of high or low tide cycles. Use caution in marginal soaring conditions. Takeo volunteered to help with a tutorial safety video.

Tech Officer’s Report (Chuck Kranz): Reminded everyone that Kent Harker’s Funston Primer is still available on the Club’s website. Got rid of DSL in the Rope’s Building with Takeo’s help - no more DSL! Continuing to improve our internet system. Rob will be setting the web cam to a higher resolution.

Administrator Reports:

~ Tandem (Urs Kellenberger): Nothing to report.
~ Training Bowl (Mark Lilledahl): Things have been going really well. The terrain is really good.

GGNRA Liaison Report (Steve Rodrigues): GGNRA has been notified of the August 7th Air Races.

Old Business: No old business.

New Business: Lisa will be getting food and Joey has been organizing volunteers. Tables are needed. August 7th at 10AM. Be there!

Meeting adjourned by 8:40PM.
crvalley
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:16 am

Return to Meeting Minutes and Treasurer Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron